Saturday, April 14, 2012

Dear Mommys & Daddys of The World....

I wish I could just hit some parents.  Seriously.  Most of them need to be reminded that their children are SPONGES!  They will soak up everything you put out in the world.  They will see how you speak to other people, they will see how you treat animals, they will see everything!  EVERYTHING!  With that said, I almost started crying today when I saw a little girl, probably about 4 or so, tell her mother that she had a "big butt" and that she "weighed too much".  Those are the words that a baby used!  A little girl that will probably grow up with these thoughts in her head unless someone changes her way of thinking, which certainly didn't happen today.  Her mother *agreed* with her!  I was appalled to say the least.

I just wish parents would remember that their children are going to grow up to be the person that they are shaped to be.  And I wish they would remember that someday when they come in contact with a person that is mean to them, they will teach their child to not be like that. 


/end rant.....

Another totally random, and unrelated note, last night at work I helped a Mennonite woman who was chatting on a cell phone.  Only in Frankfort..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!