Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bookworm Wednesday!

Hi guys!  Sorry this Bookworm Wednesday is on a Thursday...again....oops!  :)

I remembered it was Wednesday about 1130 last night so it was already almost too late!

I checked out the book Drood from my local library the other day and I'm loving it so far!  Charles Dickens was in a horrific train accident just five years before he died, he was one of only a few survivors....another survivor?  His mistress!  Well, this book is "written" by his "friend" about the five years between the accident and his death when he may or may not have been driven crazy by the train accident and how it affected his life.  It is really rather fascinating!  But, that could be because I love reading about people and how their personalities change due to events in their lives.  Plus, I'm a huge Dickens fan so it is neat to read something from this perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!