Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bookworm Wednesday!

(you thought I forgot again, didn't you?  I don't blame you, I almost did forget.)

This week is a book that I haven't finished, but I'm kinda baffled by, so I will share.

Dingley Falls is....interesting.  I mean, this book is written in a way that you need to pay attention.  Each character has like four different names, things get repeated in such a way that you don't realize they're talking about the same thing.  It is essentially written in a bunch of circles.  haha  oh!  And the language!  It cracks me up!  There will be a scene talking about these prim and proper ladies and then somehow a short, random poem about really dirty sex gets thrown in.  The first time I read a part like that I was shocked!  Anyway, the book is about a city named Dingley Falls and what happens when weird things start going on....random people fall for each other (a priest and a school headmaster?!?!) and random things happen (hello, little random letters showing up on doorsteps!).  This book is ODD!  But hilarious!  I highly recommend it if you're looking for something that will keep you on your toes and something that makes you do a double-take....well a double-read.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!