Monday, January 16, 2012

I think I finally hit a wall.

I've been relatively non-stop for a few days now working, thinking, planning away for Scarlett Key.  Once I added it to Facebook, my friends fully supported me which was a pleasant surprise (I'm talking friends that I don't normally talk to...) and they started asking me about prices and such.  Great!  I'm super happy!  I can't survive off of it, but it makes me happy and keeps my hands busy.

Anywhooooo, I've been searching the internet for inspiration for new products.  I suddenly felt like every other little shop on Etsy and want to be something different.  I don't feel original and that keeps my brain searching and thinking ALL.THE.TIME.  Each thing I see, I try to figure out how I can make it different.  Pinterest has become a good source of inspiration at this point since I finally signed up for it the other day, and I've gotten some ideas from there that I want to try so we will see how those work out.  The issue at this point is that I keep finding things I want to make, and possibly sell, but they aren't really good for Etsy because they can't be easily shipped.  They would be more for craft fairs and such.  But, I've never sold at those before...hopefully I will try one this year though!  Back to my wall though, I think I hit the wall this morning when I got up and then stayed in bed for like an hour just staring at and not really watching the tv.  Then, when I migrated to the couch, I got out my yarn, and promptly stretched out and fell asleep.  For hours.  Now, I could blame this on my super-swollen-can't-walk-normally knee but I know that isn't just it.  My brain finally needed to shut off...and now I'm feeling off my game and unsure of myself.

The whole point of this is....what do you draw inspiration from?  How do you deal with this type of thing?  :)

2 comments:

  1. Girl you are NOT alone! I am working on things to make my shop about 1000x better, and I keep hitting walls too. I guess since everyone out there now thinks that they should be able to sell their stuff, there's going to be a lot of the "same old" online especially. I was thinking of you & my master plan the other day... I have some things I need to accomplish first but I have you on a list of people to talk to about expanding my business, which will hopefully expand YOUR business as well! Lots of love!
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh "master plan" that sounds interesting! Let me know what you're thinking when you're ready to share, you know I'm always up for new ideas!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!