Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Bookworm Wednesday!

Let me set a scene for you...think of a big bed, lots of blankets, a bowl of chocolate chips, and the Real Housewives of the O.C on the tv. Yep, that was my Saturday night when I picked up this book. Best combo every? Possibly.

I have followed R.G. Ryan for almost as long as I've been on twitter. I don't remember how I found him, but an author that seems easy going and talks to his followers? Sign me up please! We occasionally send a tweet here and there and he is really just a great guy, very down to earth, and deserving of any praise that he gets.

Oh, back to the book! Snapshots is just a delightful book. I don't usually find myself drawn to short story collections, but this was different. This is more, well, snapshots into a world you can't help but be drawn into the vignettes. They will make you laugh...Conversations with Eddie – Part 7. They will make you think...Church Lady. They will make you believe in hope...The Treasure. Some will even make you so teary that you may have to put the book down and walk away for a minute...Captain Mike & Ma Fille Speciale & La Petite Princess. Ultimately all of these stories touched my heart, my soul, and my brain in a way that will stay with me for many days to come.

As mentions before, RG tweets, and recently opened up a blog. He writes in such a way that he can make you wish for the day when you might run into him at your local coffee shot. Just remember that he likes a medium coffee. With room for cream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!