Friday, June 17, 2011

County Fairs & Swimming Pools

If you've ever been to my part of Ohio during the summer, then you know your whole world revolves around the fair and pools during the summer.  Well, since I'm not working (trying, but isn't working real well...long story.) I think I'm going to submit something to the county fair.  The Ross County fair out by the farm is the second week of August.  The only issue I'm running into is that I don't know when I have to have stuff into the fair board by.  I tried sending an email but it didn't work so I will call them on Monday, or maybe tomorrow if I feel like it.  Anywhoooo if I can get in on a little fair action then I will most likely be submitting this:

I'm pretty obsessed with this doily and have the urge to make a million of them.  And put them all in pretty picture frames.  And sell the crap out of 'em!  This yarn is something that I just LOVE!  It is a cotton and bamboo mix and is sooooo soft and easy to work with.  If I had a million dollars, I would buy a ton of it.  But, at like $9 for only about 150 yards, I use it sparingly.  This doily is about 8 3/4" or so and used almost 2/3rds of that skein.  But, it only took me about five hours of off & on working on it.

I'm also going to be working on the crochet version of *THIS SHAWLETTE* (that isn't the pattern, just a blog post and picture I found) for the Sunflower Yarns group on Rav, so why not send that in too if it looks good and is done on time....which it should be because Amanda will have my yarn done on Tuesday.  I should have the current doily done by then and will just slide right on over to that project easily.  Gosh, I have too much time on my hands!

In other news, I'm still up at almost midnight because I'm having a hard time falling asleep lately.  The last few days I've been drinking Sprite, and carbonated drinks really kick up my already stress-induced heartburn.  I just couldn't drink water anymore.  I go thru spurts where I will become obsessed with a specific food or drink and water was on the top of my list for a long time, but I just couldn't drink it anymore but I'm trying to keep as much of it in my diet as possible though.

Oh!  How do pools fit into my life?  That's simple, I'm spending the next week here:
Now that hay is done for another two-ish months, I can try and clear my head from all the stress that bops around in there day in and day out.

1 comment:

  1. i love that doily so much! you should def enter it! and i'll be up there to the pool in just a couple hours! i'll bring the drinks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!