Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bookworm Wednesday! (v.4)

Sorry this is a day late, but I kinda had an odd day yesterday, and the holiday threw me off totally!  Hey, unemployed people get holidays too! :)

When I find an author I like, I tend to read as much of them as I can get my hands on!  Anna Maxted is no different.  She's written more than these but these happen to be the ones that I have in my apartment.  She has a very sarcastic sense of humor that I can really appreciate!  She makes her characters people, people I want to live by, to get to know, to be friends with.  She's just great!

A Tale of Two Sisters is the first book of hers that I picked up.  The relationship I have with my sister is a lot like a BIG roller coaster; we know how to make each other smile and cry and get angry, and we push those buttons every chance we can.  This book is quite similar to my sister and I....two very different sisters to the outside world are thrown together randomly, and thrown apart even more randomly.  The sister relationship is very complex and hard to explain, but somehow Anna grasps the whole concept of it.

Behaving Like Adults is about a girl trying to figure out if she is in the right place at the right time in her life.  She starts questioning things around her....something I'm doing a lot of lately myself.  Like I said, Anna makes characters that I want to be friends with, and Holly is definitely one of those characters.

Running in Heels is another one that I can relate to since my best friend got married and pregnant in October of last year....how do you adjust your friendship after you're not that person's best friend anymore, when their husband takes over that place?  You go off into crazy land for a bit and have to find your way back, right?  No?  Well, I kinda did and so does Natalie. 

Alright, I PROMISE to do Bookworm Wednesday on Wednesday next week!  Promise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!