Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Greene Countrie Towne Festival!


I didn't take a whole lot of pictures, and the ones I did take I'm going to keep to myself for the moment.  I might share them someday.  I have spent the last two-ish weeks sleeping very little, sewing a lot, and working at the store just as much.  But - I LOVED every minute of it!  I even said that I was so surprised that I was as happy as I was stressed out.  The excitement of my first festival was....well....exciting!  I didn't even make enough money to cover the cost of the booth (and, if I'm being honest, the money I did make went right over four booths down to the Lemon Shake-Up lady!) but I'm so proud of myself for actually going out there and not giving up.  I'm going to be totally honest and say that there were *multiple* times when I wanted to just pack up and leave, but I didn't.  I stuck it out.  There was no way in hell that I was going to give up on my dream of someone buying and loving my products.  And you know what?  The people that did buy my stuff seemed to really love it!  The first thing I sold, the girl literally walked three steps outside the booth and had her friend help her put it in her hair right then.  I smiled every single time I saw her through out that night....and I spotted her all the time because she had a bright pink bow in her hair!  Then, yesterday a woman let her daughter pick out a headband, the girl decided on (my favorite...) polka dot one with bright turquoise and pink on it.  Guess what I saw running around the festival this afternoon?  THAT HEADBAND!  I was so.....happy.  Like, to my core happy that people liked my stuff and I saw it. (disclaimer, I didn't just sell those two products)

Beyond that, it was just a fun weekend.  I got to see some old friends on Friday that came out to support me.  Jamie and B came out on Friday to help me set up and then again on Saturday afternoon.  My sister and her husband came out with the baby.  And, most importantly, my parents were there every day.  My dad missed Friday because he was coming home from Denver, but mom came to visit for a bit.  I also could not have lucked out more in the booth neighbor department!  I was next to the sweetest couple!  I have their contact info, so, hey, if you're in need of a hamburger/hot dog/Italian sausage/fried bologna vendor around Ohio, let me know!  haha  There were a lot of added stuff to this festival.....they did a scavenger hunt for kids, an antique car parade, a "regular" parade, singers on the main stage, an auction, a run, and a pageant. 

All in all, I'm calling it a success.  I have a lot of changes to make before Labor Day when I do the Sunflower Festival in Frankfort....and I have to decide if I'm going to continue doing festivals.....decisions decisions  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!