Saturday, January 14, 2012

The "Oh! That's how you do it!"

Remember a few days ago when I mentioned being in a group of Rav that is sharing a hat pattern each month?  Well I took some time and really looked at the pattern....my first thought?  I don't know how to do that!  My second though?  Well, why don't I learn!  So I did!  There is a reason why I named this hat "Oh! That's how you do it!" hat on my project page on Rav.

I used Sunflower Yarns' Grab Bag Grey and the pattern is from Rheatheylia : The Divine Hat.  (sidenote, she has some wicked cute patterns up on her page, I will probably work through all of them...).  The most important thing I can say is that when you do the slip stitch to join, do it to the beginning front post double crochet and then follow the suggested join instructions.  For whatever reason, I didn't figure that out until like round 8 or something so my joins up to that point are a bit wonky. 
I really love how you can make ridges using a front post double!
The ridges kind of spiral down...this is right before I started the border.
Laid flat...it looks wonky but that is due to the yarn (it is 100% wool so it really needs blocked correctly) and the fact that my rounds were not joined right for the first part of the hat....when it is on, it is actually really cute and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!