Saturday, December 31, 2011

Personal Goals of 2012

I'm not a fan of resolutions. I think that they are made, like rules, to be broken. Instead, I like goals. I set goals all the time in just about every aspect in my life. This goes very well with my love of lists and mantras and desire to complete something. You've already seen my professional goals, so here are my personal goals for 2012.

1 – Find peace within myself and love myself more. I am a big believer that you can't be at peace or love someone else until you do those things for yourself. I think that my outside world feels tumultuous because my mind and soul feel like a choppy ocean. This will probably be one of the harder goals to reach but I am determined to reach it. And hold on to it with both hands.

2 – Find a job I love. This will happen. I know it will. And I won't stop looking. And the job that I'm meant to have will come just when it is supposed to.

3 – Get Scarlett Key and Little Life of Mine to a place that I'm proud of and to a place that I want to sponsor and do giveaways on other blogs that I love. This sounds like a professional goal, but these things are so very much a part of me that they needed a goal here too.

4 – Spend more time with my friends. I am extremely susceptible to feeling lonely, this could be stopped by actually making more of an effort to see my friends. I'm also very unsure if I will continue living in Dayton – and if I move over an hour away it will only get harder to see the people that I miss now when they only live minutes away.

5 – Spend more time walking. I don't want to set a goal to lose weight – a girl with a history of an eating disorder shouldn't place too much emphasis on this – I merely want to be more active. I have a treadmill for a reason.

6 – Actually get some face time with my dear bloggy friends. Camille & Haley, I'm looking at you!

7 – Make peace with my sister. This is by far going to be the HARDEST thing to do. Just the idea scares me.

8 – Stay up-to-date with my 12 in 12! I'm really looking forwards to this!!!

I'm sure this list will change and be edited throughout the year. BUT, that is the point of goals, they're supposed to grow and change as you meet them. I'm excited for 2012 and can't wait to see what the world will throw at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!