Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bookworm Wednesday! (v.7)



For some reason, I feel like I've done these before, but I'm too tired (after a day at the pool!) to go back and look, so don't hate if I have....mmmmm k? :)

I'm an old Hollywood starlet kind of girl.  I grew up watching movies from the 30's, 40's, 50's, and 60's.  I was, and still am, fascinated by the glamour and classic-ness of it all!  Audrey, to me, is kinda perfect and I grew up watching movies like Breakfast at Tiffany's religiously!  (insider's secret?  When I'm down, it is still my go-to movie to pop in and recite lines from....)

How to be Lovely is an outsider's point of view on how Audrey lived her life and how you can apply it to your life.  Dressing tips.  Quotes from her on aspects of her life.  Quotes from others on Audrey.  It is a wealth of information on how to make your life the best *you* can make it -- using Audrey as an example.  I literally got so sucked into this book that I finished it in one day. 

Summer at Tiffany isn't about Audrey but it is about two girls that move to New York to work at Tiffany.  And, really, isn't that every little girl's dream to work in a sea of diamonds and jewels!?!?  It sure was mine! 

Fifth Avenue, 5 a.m. is a fictionalized version of how Breakfast at Tiffanys was made.  Well, not really fictionalized, but put in story form.  No one really knows what was said between the actors and director, but this gives us an idea of what could have been said based off facts/quotes/interviews given after the movie was made. 

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!