Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How I spent part of my Saturday night....

Sooooo I went to B&N thinking I'd try and find some adorable crochet books with some easy patterns to try.  Well I came out with two crochet magazines (Crochet Today is where that bag pattern came from!) and these books.  I spent quite a bit of time in the biography section, someplace I don't go often but love it a little more each time I go.....

"The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" is about a lady that had her cells stolen from her, those cells have since been replicated in multiple biomedical science experiments.  But Henrietta?  Well, her family had issues even getting medical insurance.  Injustices hold a special place in my heart & I'm really looking forward to this one!

"In My Hands" is a memoir from a Holocaust *rescuer*.  For some reason I've always felt a special connection to Holocaust stories.  I think that is reincarnation exists then I must have been involved with it someway somehow, the connection feels that close.  My tattoo on my back is from a letter written by a Jewish woman during the Holocaust even.

"The Blue Tattoo" is about a teenager that was kidnapped by Indians during a trip out west and how she dealt with that experience and the things that happened when she as returned to white society against her will.

"History of a Suicide" is one I'm really looking forward to, and sharing it with my sister as it shows what happens after one sister commits suicide for unknown reasons.  The back says it really looks at relationships between sisters, and as my relationship with my sister is very tulmultuous, this intrigues me.

"Madame Tussaud" is about the famous wax sculpturist (sp?)....did you know she got her start making death masks?  Neither did I!  Haha.


1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that I want to read every single one?! Adding them all to my wish list :)
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!