Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dear Life: Stop getting in my way please.






That would be part of my haul from the Borders store closing.  I hate that one of my favorite stores is closing, but I *love* *love* *love* a good deal.  Everything in the store today was $1.99 or less.  And, yes, that huge cook book in the left column was a $50 book!  On another note, I need to stop shopping.  Not kidding.

I found out yesterday that my unemployment, while I feel is justified, is getting appealed.  Not cool Sally.  Not cool at all.  I'm not one of the people that is abusing the system here people!  I'm legit trying to find a job and I feel that my job was taken from me unjustly (and the unemployment office already agreed with me once about that...).  That is my life, I'm trying to deal with it, but now I feel like my side of things is not getting heard at all.  I'm just a little 25 year old that is fighting against a company that is over 75 years old and over 500 employees strong.  That doesn't seem very fair to me, but I will be damned if I don't go down fighting my little heart out.  I'm a tough cookie.

On another note, I need some advice.  My grandmother passed away last month, my mom's mom.  Now I've been fiercely protective of my mom since her first heart surgery way back when I was a scared eight year old asking daddy why mommy couldn't get out of bed.  There have been excessive issues arising with my aunt about the whole situation.  At what point should I stop letting my mom attempt to ignore the situation and step up to help her deal with it?  Or is it even my place to do so? 

1 comment:

  1. So jealous of that book score! good grief!!! And fight hard girl! "Stick it to the man (Or woman!)" As far as your mom situation, that's tough :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!