Thursday, November 3, 2011

Patchwork.

Many, many, many moons ago I spent a summer (or 3) attached to my Grandma Mary (my dad's mom).  She taught me knitting, cross stitch, crochet (tho I didn't really get the hang of it until this year), embroidery, and PATCHWORK.  My first quilt was a nine patch with simple white squares between the pieced squares (I will share a picture some day).  It still isn't done.  It needs hand quilted and then bound completely so I'm thinking there's another 18 million years before it gets finished.  The second quilt I worked on was my 3-D pinwheel (again, I will share pictures some day....).  It isn't hand quilted, but rather there are a million buttons on it.  Buttons that I've put on and taken off two or three times.  I'm finally pleased with the design I've got going with them so I'm slowly finishing putting them on a final time.  I tend to work on it when El is totally asleep in another room so he doesn't mess with it. 

Lately I've been itching to work on a new top.  I have zero clue on which pattern I want to do other than the Rails one that I have fabric for.  I've also found a quilt as you go pattern but I'm wondering if it can be done with different patterns than the one the author showed.  I cut out a block tonight that I'm going to piece tomorrow using my beloved grey polka dot fabrics.  In that process, I've decided that I want to make one of those too but in all polka dots.  I just can't decide if I want to do it in various grey polka dots or make each block using 3 shades of a color.  Well, I guess I've got three I could work on hahahahaha! 

Also, Camille has sent me some fabric and challenged me to make something with it.  I have five ideas and I'm thinking I can do all five with the amount of fabric she sent!  Woohoo!  Haha

Oh!  And I need to whip something up as a housewarming present for Allicen since her party is, like, Saturday.  Guess I should really get on that huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!