Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Unsure.

A reception for my sister & her new husband shouldn't cause me so much turmoil, but it is.  I'm so on the fence about going.  The wedding was eye opening to the fact that she really hasn't changed as much as I wanted or hoped she had changed due to the divorce she went through.  Then add the fact that she completely skipped out on Bryce's birthday.  No phone call.  No card sent.  Nothing.  That was upsetting to many more people than just me.  Then, when I sent her a couple of pictures, she posted them to facebook like she had been there.  Quite similar to the way she'd post pictures I would send from the NICU.  Now, that just pissed me off.  I also have quite literally spoken via a dozen or so texts to her in about 2 1/2 months...and before that?  We went a solid month without communicating at all.  Now, tonight she's raving on facebook about his family and how awesome & helpful they've been.  Honestly, I feel like my entire family has been slapped in the face.  It is important to note that this is the same family that has put her down so bad that she used to call me crying and upset (they've also made rude - very very very very rude - comments about the rest of my family, including my prents).  I live my relationship with her in a constant state of being torn between wanting to be there for her in every aspect of growing up & living and then wanting nothing to do with her. 

As to if I'm going to the reception or not....I still don't know, every person (including my mother) has told me not to go.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!