Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fun Recipe! (and easy too!)

If you knew me in real life, you would know that I freaking love to cook and bake!  I just made a super simple dinner that I have to share!!

All you do is brown about a pound of hamburger or another type of ground beef you prefer; I use the leanest cut of whatever I choose, I *hate* to drain meat.  Once it is browned, or cooked through if you choose something other than hamburger, add just two cups of water and steak flavored rice....or, like me, you add two cups of water, rice, and whatever seasoning you find in the drawer!  I think I used taco seasoning (I have the huge container of El Paso taco seasoning and use it in just about everything....) and Mrs. Dash in addition to the flavoring that came with the rice.  I also added seasoning to the meat while it was browning so it got really cooked in.  Once everything is seasoned in the pot, cover it, reduce heat just a bit and let it simmer until the rice is cooked and the water is mostly gone. 

I'm not kidding, it was so good!  I am totally making this again!!

Hope everyone is having a safe and happy holiday weekend!  Happy Birthday America!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy! I like to do the same thing, except I dice up chicken breasts, then cook chicken flavored rice and mix it all together, sometimes I even add fresh veggies. DELICIOUS!
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some loverrrrrly words!